Time has passed so quickly! It’s already Christmas Eve and also the last day of our Advent Cal 2019 but there’s still one more door to open: It’s the 24th day of December and for today this Baby Santa was hiding behind the calendar’s door bringing you hopefully all the gifts you are wishing for.
Thank you for joining our Advent Cal 2019! We hope you had a lot of fun crocheting along with us.
*Please keep in mind that I really love what I’m doing and that’s why I’m putting a lot of effort and time to share this pattern for free. So, allow me to mention that this pattern is for personal use only and may not, in parts or in whole, be reproduced, sold, distributed or used for commercial purposes without authorization. You can sell the finished item, but please credit IwannaBeHara as the designer. You can share this pattern only with a link to this post.
Thank you for respecting my work!
Day 12 of #adventcal2019: Baby Santa
(You can find this pattern also on @iwannabehara)
– 100% Cotton yarn 125gr/50m (or any yarn you prefer) in colours (small amounts): white, red, black and a color of your choice for skin. Also, a thread of yellow or gold yarn for the buckle and brown for the fringe.
– Crochet hook for yarn you use. I used a 3mm hook.
– Tapestry needle
– Stitch marker or thread of yarn (whatever works for you) as we will work in continuous rounds (spiral)
– Soft toy stuffing
– White pompom (small size)
Finished size: approx. 10cm (3.90 in) + hight of pompom if worked with suggested yarn and hook.
Abbreviations (US terms)
mr – magic ring
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sl st – slip stitch
inc – increase: work 2sc in same stitch
dec – decrease: work 2sc together as 1; Tip: do this by putting your hook only through the front loops of the stitches.
bl – back loops
fl – front loops
rnd(s) – round(s)
[…] x… – repeat instructions within  x … times
(…) – total number of stitches in this rnd
FO – fasten off
Start with white
1. 6sc in a mr
2. [inc] x6 (12)
3. in bl only 12sc
4. 12 sc
5. 12 sl st (not too tight); FO
6. Insert red yarn in rnd 4, (work «behind» sl sts): 12sc
7.-8. (2 rnds) 12sc
* for leg 1: sl st in first st of rnd, FO and secure ends.
* for leg 2: continue to Rnd 9.
Body, head & hat
9. chain 3, join leg 1 with a sc in same st where we made the sl st, 11 more sc around leg 1, 3sc in the chain-3, 12sc around leg 2, 3sc in the other side of chain-3 (30). Put stitch marker.
11. 30sc + 7sc or as many needed to get to the side of the body (30); change to black.
* Put stitch marker, this will be the new beginning of rounds.
12. 30sc; change to red
13.-16. (4 rnds) 30sc; after rnd 16 change to skin color
Stuff the legs and continue stuffing as you go.
18. in bl only 30sc
19.-26. (8 rnds) 30sc; after rnd 26 change to white
27. in fl only 30sc, sl st in first sc of this rnd; FO
28. Insert red yarn and in bl of rnd 26 crochet 30sc
30. [3sc, dec] x6 (24)
31. [2sc, dec] x6 (18)
32. [sc, dec] x6 (12)
Stuff a little bit more, if needed.
33. [dec] x6 (6)
FO leaving a long tail to close the remaining hole with the tapestry needle. Pull and secure yarn end.
Hold body upside down and work in fl of rnd 18, starting in the last st of rnd 18:
2. 19 sl st (not too tight), sc, hdc, sl st, hdc, sc, 6 sl st (30); FO
*Make sure that the sl st is in the center of the front side.
Start with skin color; don’t stuff the arms.
1. 6sc in a mr
2. [2sc, inc] x2 (8)
3.-4. 8sc; after rnd 4 change to white
5. in fl only 8sc; change to red
6.-9. (4 rnds) 8sc
FO leaving a long tail to sew the arm onto the body.
With skin color
6sc in a mr, sl st in first st.
FO leaving a tail to sew the ear onto the head.
(Use the photo as a guide)
– With black yarn embroider eyes between rnd 22-24.
– With black yarn embroider mouth between rnd 19-21.
– With skin color embroider nose between rnd 21-22, centered between the eyes.
– With brown yarn embroider the fringe as indicated in the image.
– With yellow/gold yarn embroider a square for the buckle.
– Sew the arms onto the body, just below the collar.
– Sew the ears onto the head at the same rnd you embroidered the eyes (rnd 23). Leave about 2-3 st from the eyes. Align them with the arms.
– Sew pompom to the top of the hat.
And you are done!
I hope you have enjoyed making Baby Santa!
I would love to see your creations so please tag me @iwannabehara 😉
Don’t forget to use and follow #adventcal2019 to share your makes and see all the free crochet patterns.