It’s the 12th day of Advent Cal 2019 and for today this little angel was hiding behind the calendar’s door.
We hope you’ll have a lot of fun crocheting along with us until Christmas and can’t wait to see your makes!
*Please keep in mind that I really love what I’m doing and that’s why I’m putting a lot of effort and time to share this pattern for free. So, allow me to mention that this pattern is for personal use only and may not, in parts or in whole, be reproduced, sold, distributed or used for commercial purposes without authorization. You can sell the finished item, but please credit IwannaBeHara as the designer. You can share this pattern only with a link to this post.
Thank you for respecting my work!
Day 12 of #adventcal2019: Little angel
(You can find this pattern also on @iwannabehara)
– 100% Cotton yarn 125gr/50m (or any yarn you prefer) in 4 colours of your choice for: hair, skin, dress and wings. Also, a thread of black yarn for the eyes.
– Crochet hook for yarn you use. I used a 3mm hook.
– Tapestry needle
– Stitch marker or thread of yarn (whatever works for you) as we will work in continuous rounds (spiral)
– Soft toy stuffing
Finished size: approx. 9,5 cm (3.70 in) if worked with suggested yarn and hook.
Abbreviations (US terms)
– mr – magic ring
– sc – single crochet
– hdc – half double crochet
– dc – double crochet
– sl st – slip stitch
– ch – chain
– 5dc bobble stitch – to make a 5dc bobble st: [yarn over, insert hook into st, yarn over again and pull up a loop; yarn over again and pull through 2 loops on hook] x5 (you will have 6 loops on your hook), yarn over and pull through all 6 loops on your hook.
– bl – back loops
– fl – front loops
– inc – increase: work 2sc in same stitch
– dec – decrease: work 2sc together as 1; Tip: do this by putting your hook only through the fl of the stitches.
– rnd(s) – round(s)
– […] x… – repeat instructions within  x … times
– (…) – total number of stitches in this rnd
– FO – fasten off
Hair, head and body
Start with hair color
1. 4sc in a mr
2. [inc] x4 (8)
3. [sc, inc] x4 (12)
4. [sc, dec] x4 (8)
5. [dec] x4 (4)
6. [inc] x4 (8)
7. [sc, inc] x4 (12)
8. [2sc, inc] x4 (16)
9. [3sc, inc] x4 (20)
10. [4sc, inc] x4 (24); change to skin color
11. in bl only 24sc
12. – 14. (3 rnds) 24sc
15. [2sc, dec] x6 (18)
16. [sc, dec] x6 (12); change to dress color
Stuff the head.
17. Work only in fl of rnd 16: [sc, 3ch] x12
18. Work only in bl of rnd 16: 12sc
19. [sc, inc] x6 (18)
20. [2sc, inc] x6 (24)
21. – 30. (10 rnds) 24sc
31. [5dc bobble st, sc] x12 (24)
32. in bl only: 24sc
33. [2sc, dec] x6 (18)
Stuff the body.
34. [sc, dec] x6 (12)
Stuff a little bit more if needed.
35. [dec] x6 (6)
FO leaving a long tail to close the remaining hole with the tapestry needle. Pull tightly and secure yarn end.
– With black yarn embroider eyes between rnds 12-14.
– Wrap a small piece of yarn (wing color) around the hair bun.
With wing color
1. Chain 20
2. In 3rd ch from hook work 1hdc, work hdc until end of row (18); turn
3. 3sl st, ch1, 12hdc, ch 1; turn
FO and weave in ends.
– With a few stitches sew the wings to the back side of the body, below the collar. Use the same color.
I hope you have enjoyed making this little angel!
I would love to see your creations so please tag me @iwannabehara 😉
Don’t forget to use and follow #adventcal2019 to share your makes and see all the free crochet patterns.